I have been working on some small brooch pieces , exploring possibilities and playing. One of these pieces is in commission. I did 2 as it is my way of exploring an idea. This time I have started using PearlEx powder. On my first attempt I fired the pueces, not realizing that the powder would bake into the polymer clay. So on these pieces I vaked on the black and gold. I realised that a combination of the baked on Pearl Ex and the PearlEx mixed with glaze medium and added after baking was a great combination. Then I added more details with acrylic paint such as the face. Much of the detail was painted on with a wooden skewer to add the fine details. I am happy with the final result with the owl nestled in her hair.